I used a range of different technologies when constructing my media products. I used Media platforms such as Facebook, Blogger, YouTube, Survey Monkey, Digital photo Professional and Premiere elements in publishing and promoting my media products as a whole.
Premiere Elements:
I found that my editing skills and knowledge of premiere elements improved the more YouTube tutorials I watched as well as just being used to using certain tricks to cut and import clips.

The Advantages of using this software were that I was able to use more effects and import my clips with ease. I also found that it was very professional in term of exporting and sharing the video online and across different devices. I also found creating a high quality video very easy by changing formats within the software itself. On the other hand there were a lot of issues I had when using the software. Such as some of my clip were very lagged and I had to look at other tutorials on YouTube on how to prevent and fix this problem. On a positive note I learned how to create many effects and how to make smooth transition between clips as well as experimenting with filters. I also used premiere elements along with Screen cast to make a narration of the music video:


Using Digital Professional Media:
I used this software to edit my artist photography and manipulate images to make the grey scale/white and black effect on the photos For example:
When using this software I found it very easy to navigate as I have been using the software for other things and have learnt the skills for editing photos through experience. This meant that I had an advantage of using this software to edit my photos quickly and then construct the magazine advert and Digipak effectively in plenty of time. The only disadvantage of the software is that it is only compatible with cannon camera digital formats so you cannot edit any image that is different to that format.

Using Blogger to construct and Present my Media Products:
I found Blogger to be quite tricky and temperamental at times in terms of posting my final products onto a blog post and position it precisely. In the end I managed to lay out my products the way I wanted them, but if I was to go back a redo do this I would definitely leave more time to present my blog effectively minus the stressful importing situations of importing photos that would not imports in the right place. On the other hand it was useful it organising posts and seeing where everything was and in terms of chronological order as well as being able to change time of post so other posts could either come before or after it.
Using Facebook to widen my range of Audience Feedback:
When conducting my audience feedback for my video and magazine advert I widened my range of replies by posting my survey links and link to video as well as my pictures of the magazine adverts onto Facebook. I found this a much easier way to spread knowledge of my video and magazine advert by utilising the use of social media and promoting and synergising my products online to multiple viewers. Some of the people that gave feedback shared my post onto their own walls so even more people commented and critiqued my work and gave me positive improvement as well as successes.


Using YouTube to upload and present my Music Video:
I found using YouTube to upload my video a very lengthily process, as it more than a hour to upload my music video that was only 3 minutes long video. However the result at the end was definitely worth while, the quality was not diminished and everything was smoothly edited and condensed down into a accessible video. I also used YouTube to upload a commentary video explaining and analysing the video, which made it easier for me as the director to explain my storyboard more thoroughly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9OXyaRqetE - Narration Video





No comments:
Post a Comment