Ancillary texts:
Magazine Advert:
Digipak Back Cover:
Magazine Shock Advert:
Development of Conventions:
In terms of Conventions I made sure I consistently referred back to pre-existing examples of ancillary texts and examples relating to my chosen genre of POP. I believe I challenged a lot of the conventions relating to POP as widely recognised my video and ancillary texts to be of Indie POP genre. However many disagreed and said that it just reflect a more emotional POP artist and still related to POP genre conventions.

I believe my Digipak and Magazine advert develop the sense of conventions by challenging conventions, but in appropriate way to reflect the meaning of the song.
My own Digipak Analysis:
Through out all of the images the artist's make up, style, clothing, body expressions, red themed attire and many more are all associated among all of the texts creating synergy and the artist's own brand as a whole. I wanted the alcohol and emotion state of the artist to be identified as a key theme within the digipak and magazine adverts to promote a more associated with.








No comments:
Post a Comment